<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

Veer-Zaara ....Never say Never again to Love stories.

                                                                                                                                   Sunday, December 05, 2004


If Yash Chopra is famous for all the the mountains and sarson ke khet, cute n sexy damsels(besharam chori from Megha's blog), well he has also tried his hand in story telling which I believe has come out totally unscathed and in flying colors with his passionate love story ,Veer-Zaara. None of his movies ever grabbed so much of my attention than this one.
I would rate this one one of his best along with Lamhe just for its sheer screenplay and brillaint conception. No, he hasn't missed any of of his usual trademark stuff that I mentioned earlier, more over I feel for once he has matched all his visual brilliance with his story telling skills. The dialogues are slick ( much lesser than his previous films) less dramatic, more meaningful and very situational,sublime and so are the scenes.

While his screenplay is the brain of this movie, music is the heart. The songs,music allevates the movie into ethereal heights. Some of the songs has some Illayaraja(instrument arrangement) and Pancham touch.

I loved all the songs but specially liked Do Pal,Tere Liye,Kyon Hawa,Aaya Tere Dar Par,Tum Paas Aa Rahe Ho (Well, you can say I loved all the songs equally).

Frankly I was so involved with story , I didnot had much of a chance to see how each of the roles were played by the actors/actresses. But Hema Malini(Veer's Aunt) stands out as the worst. As she has proved over the years, she hasn't dissapointed me again with her scowling performance. Apart from her everyone else had a cake walk with a special mention of Rani Mukherjee who I believe is one of the best actress around.

This movie is worth every penny spent.No one can relate this movie more than those who had experienced true love before.

by gvenum @  4:34 AM                                                                                                                                                                 


5 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Nimbus, at December 06, 2004 7:16 PM

    I have resisted watching this movie so far, out of the sheer fear of drowning in over-sentimentality, but after your strong recommendation, I think I will bite the bullet and watch it. After all if this movie has pulled you out of the self-imposed blogging retirement you've been in since August, then ismein kuchh to hoga! :)

    Nice post!

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at December 07, 2004 7:37 AM

    I had the same opinion about this movie and had no plans of watching it. Fortunatly , I was part of a friend's plan to see it. May be I was expecting the movie to be too dramatic, full of boastful/exaggerated
    dialogues and as you said sentimental beyond hope.It was not to be. The telling part is the screen play, dialogues and music or may be its just me ..hmmm..(with a thinking face)

     

  • #by Blogger Jupe, at December 10, 2004 2:58 AM

    I loathed this movie with such intensity I never knew I was capable of....So we shan't get into the merits (or lack of) of the movie.. Lets jes say its nice to see gvenum bloggin' ..Or is this jes a temporary aberration.. I hope not...

     

  • #by Blogger G Shrivastava, at December 10, 2004 6:40 AM

    Hey - first of all thanks for the comment on my blog. As I said, each to it's own...I'm not anti fairy-tales; infact don't like what Bollywood dishes out as 'reality' movies, but like a bit of sense in what I see. Saw the movie "Samay" - it had S.Sen in it...abt a detective working against time to solve a crime. Intelligent movie. Didn't last at the BO. Same with Morning Raga. But as I also said, don't drag me to such a movie and I won't crib about it...
    So you enjoyed it huh? Guess I might as well admit - the movie was slick in its Y.C way...Shah Rukh did try and act a bit diff, with the whole imprisoned for 22 yrs bit and Rani M was good. I kinda liked her character...Bas....no more! ;-)

     

  • #by Blogger Unknown, at January 21, 2005 6:08 AM

    hey... i too enjoyed watching this movie.. i luv the Big B's role very much.. his punjabi..too.. :)

     

Post a Comment
<< Home