<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

Me and "The Twins" - A Toast!

                                                                                                                                   Monday, February 28, 2005
I went for a ride on this cloudy morning, weather little nippy (okie I am no Northie but like to use the word..it got a nice ruse to it) made a nice feeling of a snow less north-east in otherwise sun soaked Dallas. Honestly it ain't that bad but its just these few tornadoes, few months of scorching sun , few.... …err...well anyway, its not really about Dallas this post is about. There I was, with a donut in one hand(its Sunday..I give my inside "food-gollum" a free hand) and coffee in the other, looking at a empty cricket ground (cricket! ..Dallas!…it’s a post for another day) soaked by the heavy rain yesterday dashing all hopes of a practice session.(there goes my once a week cardio session.)

If you thinking I am going anywhere with this, yes I intend to, just have little bit patience( "Patience!!! Look who is talking!!"…*me strangles the sarcastic-gollum for a sec*). Not wanting to waste this excellent opportunity to boast about the weather I call this close friend of mine in Connecticut(a snow-filled multi-colored-cow infested North-East country state) only to hear his voice mail. Expectedly and not for the first time I see this happen, I hung up the phone with a unsuspecting remark by me " man..these Geminis"....that took me by surprise once I finished saying it. It started me thinking and it came all together.....(the sugar on the donut started kicking in..while the cholesterol has already made its merry).

What's with me ( a ephemeral saggi...eeeks .did I say that..I meant ethereal *nice recovery says smeagol-me*) and Geminis? It didn't take me much time to realize that I surround my self with so many of these ultra-talented, kind, affectionate and yet at the same time complex and elusive Gemini's..(wait!.. didn't I have this realization before...hmm...saggi's and their memories..huh!.."ethereal" does sound little suspect already). Leave me with a group of people of different sunsigns ,after few hours I would be with bunch of people either laughing or arguing who invariantly turn out to be Gemini's.

But seriously my bro is one, my very good pals(including the above), my SIL and the list goes on. Anyone can have Gemini friends/families there is nothing new to it. After all they are the most friendly and easy to get along people you ever know. I do have lots of great friends who ain't Gemini's and even closer. But for me , Gemini's are not just "any" friends. None of my friends/families(not even my parents) has ever made a profound impact than Gemini's in my life so far. Their words and actions and their personalities has always had its effect in my actions and sometimes in my decision making. The aura of mystery that surrounds them intrigues me, their often passionate and sometimes opiniated take on topics draws me towards them and of course their sense of humor is unique, may not be the best around, but works just fine for me.

Though they are one of the most indecisive and appears to carry a dual personality (courtesy one Linda Goodman and some personal experiences), they eventually end up making some right choices.(keeping me as a buddy is one!!..*smirks the gollum as I tighten my grip along its throat*) I have to say the association with these Gemini's gave me some of my finest, happiest moments in my life as well some of the most frustrating and hurtful moments too. But in never deterred me anyway to like them, as both of us seemed to agree that we have too much to loose than gain..else life will be a like a spiceless daloo aum...I mean aloo dum...(*gollum-me shakes head in disgust*)

*Raising my glass of low fat-buttermilk with a tinge of salt & lime.(too much of spicy dum aloo can have its day on your system)* So here's a toast to all Gemini's in my life and in general. *gollum-me for the first time seems to agree*

Didn't I tell you I had something meaningful when I started. BTW, anyone commenting, hope you don't mind leaving your sun-sign……....phone numbers, credit card numbers….*me chokes while evil-gollum takes over me*.

by gvenum @  2:21 AM                                                                                                                                                                 


9 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Primalsoup, at February 28, 2005 3:38 AM

    Ah, so it's the Oscar Bug that has got you, dedications et al! :)

    I am trying to think of Gemini's who have had life-altering impact on my life, but can't think of any... in fact I am unable to think of any Zodiac with whom I have felt much of a cosmic connection... in fact I don't think I even know the Zodiac's of most people I know! :)

     

  • #by Blogger Paddy, at February 28, 2005 9:44 AM

    I am surrounded by Geminis too.To begin with my mom and my bro at home.Then atleast 5 of my best pals fall under this "castor-pollux" constellation :)

    I know their signs because all their B'days are so damn close that sometimes I mistakenly call one guy instead of the other at 12:00 am to wish him and see if we could get some gig going later that night.

    Needless to say, I have always enjoyed their company.

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at February 28, 2005 11:23 AM

    (Primalsoup) " I am trying to think.....can't think of any.... am unable to think ....in fact I don't think ".......

    Wow thats of lot of thinking.My posts can do that to people. Glad you thought of leaving a comment..else you would have made me think why you haven't.....made me re-think about the content in my post....and think.........

    aauww..*holding my head*..it hurts to think so much.


    (Paddy)
    Yeah I know the feeling...my foot sores that month giving bums to every "dick and gemini" I know:)....I share a lively time with them too.

     

  • #by Blogger Ritesh, at February 28, 2005 1:24 PM

    I think I might know some of your "Gemini's". The only thing I have to say is and I quote my self and millions of others in cliche hell, "Zodiac-sign is only what you are born under, not what defines you and certainly not what dictates your life". (Play overture here).

     

  • #by Blogger Akruti, at February 28, 2005 7:10 PM

    LOL,me sourrounded by them too,and they r an adorable lot.
    Hmmm,so when r u intending to write anything abt virgo's.
    Ok me a virgo,hmm,credit card numbers and phone numbers,hahahaha,someother time dude:)))

     

  • #by Blogger Pallavi, at February 28, 2005 10:58 PM

    hmmm ... you are flooded my saggi friend.. in fact now I can understand your email better... :) anyway... I think you had too much of Geminis.. already :)
    have a nice day !!

     

  • #by Blogger Srihari SN, at March 01, 2005 9:44 AM

    interesting blog
    one more "twin" here
    hmm well about credit card details

    here it goes

    john doe
    372536645001005
    03/07

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at March 01, 2005 8:50 PM

    (Tafosi) Thats what I thought....alas not to be:) ..

    (neelima) I bet they are. Virgo's ..hmmmmm...may be you keepin posting more comments..then I will have material to write about:).and haa..also include the numbers..:)

    (Pallavi)..I don't feel bad being surrounded by them a bit...Gemini's are my friends more of my choice than their's.

    (Matter Mahadevan) Dude you forgot to mention if its a Visa or a Master cardor Amex...:)typical Gemini....
    Thanks for dropping by.

     

  • #by Blogger Akruti, at March 05, 2005 11:10 AM

    Hahahaha,u keep writing more and i will surely post more comments,atleast i come here everytime,u dont even do that:(((( and u put my blog in ur blogroll at the end,bhahhhhh,me hurted:)))
    Hahahaha,numbers,hehehe,write abt virgo's then would think og it also

     

Post a Comment
<< Home