<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

Messing with your heads!

                                                                                                                                   Wednesday, March 16, 2005
I was in a mood listen to songs yesterday, not the ones on computer but something different for a change. Not sure of what to listen, I closed my eyes and picked a cassette( yes…I still have bunch of cassettes that I bought from India when I first came here) from the box and it turned out to have songs of different languages from different genres. It has the songs of Prema Desam(Tamil dubbing version of Kadhal Desam ) and some old Lata songs. Well, its funny how some songs stick to your mind from the time you start listening. I guess this happens to everyone. You listen to this song ,the last song you heard in particular, and its stuck for the whole day or two. You keep humming,singing all the time and can't get it off your head. The same thing happened to me. Now I can't get it off my mind and its been two days already. So I thought I would pass this on to my readers and mess with their heads a little bit. So don’t blame me if its get stuck with you, just assume you are giving me company in humming this song, not that my company is great...as a matter of fact its much worse than having the song stuck in your head, see.....Don't you already prefer listening to the song than giving me company.
Anyway here goes the song and its lyrics.

Ajeeb daastaan hai yeh, Kahan shuru kahan khatam
Yeh manzile hai kaunsi, Na voh samajh sake na hum

Yeh roshni ke saath kyoon, Dhuaan utha chiraag se
Yeh khwaab dekhti hoon main, Ke jag padi hoon khwaab se

Mubaarakein tumhe ke tum, Kisi ke noor ho gaye
Kisi ke itne paas ho, Ke sab se door ho gaye

Kisi ka pyaar leke tum, Naya jahan basaaoge
Yeh shaam jab bhi aayegi, Tum humko yaad aaoge


Phew! I feel so relieved now that I have passed on the bug.

by gvenum @  12:02 PM                                                                                                                                                                 


8 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Parth, at March 16, 2005 5:41 PM

    If the songs are as good as these, I'd prefer my head to be messed with :-) Currently though, the song playing in my mind is 'Piya tora kaisa abhimaan' By Shubha Mudgal with commentary by Gulzar from the movie Raincoat. Its raining outside and that is simply adding to the mood

     

  • #by Blogger Akruti, at March 18, 2005 10:58 AM

    Haaaaaaaaa,how i was trying to get out of "ye nayan dare dare "and u put this one into my head now,now i dont know when this will be out:)))) i always exp this,and i put it into my collegues head also and we keep humming the same song. and ya,Shubha Mudgal and gulzar combination in Raincoat is amazing,listen to it if u can:)))

     

  • #by Blogger Akruti, at March 18, 2005 11:04 AM

    ok,u said u thrive on comments so i am back with another comment for u,how abt this song "Phoolon Ke Rang Se Dil Ki Kalam Se Tujhko Likhi Roz Paati,Kaise Bataaoon Kis Kis Tarah Se Pal Pal Mujhe Tu Sataati" keep humming,and if u dont know abt this song then i will be back to put onemore.hahaha

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at March 18, 2005 11:33 AM

    (parth) Thank you...i love messing people's mind. I like "Madhura Nagarpati" in that movie.

    (Neelima) Dont have that song with me:(. Will try music India Online.
    ...mission successful...urs mind is messed.....

    (Neelima) Wow that song is
    one of my most reverred one of all time. This song is so nice to sing and very hard to get rid off ur mind. .."you are mean"
    ....Revenge mess you head song for you...."Pal pal dil ke paas.." from Black mail.....heee haaaa..."rao gopal rao" laugh. actaully his laugh is funny not fearsome....shuks..

     

  • #by Blogger Akruti, at March 18, 2005 11:42 AM

    Madhura nagarpathi from Raincoat is a beautiful composition,i am listening to it right now.ye nayan dare dare is by hemantkumar,a very old song but wonderful music:))) and ya, "phoolon ke... is my all time fav,Prempujari is the movie i guess,all the songs from that movie r good,and pal pal is yayyyy,i love that,now this is for u again "Raat Kali Ek Khwaab Mein Aayi,Aur Gale Ka Haar Hui,Subah Ko Jab Hum Neend Se Jaage,Aankh Tumhise Chaar Hui"
    and dont mess with me,i have 200 songs ready with me as of now,and give me another 10 min,i will be back with another 200 songs which i have been collecting from my college days,bhuhahahaha,idi rao gopal rao style kaadu,u remember that movie "muthyala muggu" a very famous dailogue in it by him....
    and so mean of u,u need comments and u never come to my blog as others saying that i anyway get many comments,so mean,so mean

     

  • #by Blogger Vandana Sarah, at March 21, 2005 11:12 PM

    Hmm, I wonder sometimes why is it that a particular song leaves an imprint on your mind on a particular day and the very same song does nothing to you on some other day... I feel in my humble opinion that it has something to do with you state of your mind at that particular time... may be the tune touches a chord in your heart and resonates with your heartbeat at that time, or perhaps you identify with the lyrics of the song !!!
    Just my 2 cents to the 2 cent king

     

  • #by Blogger Primalsoup, at March 22, 2005 9:39 AM

    Hmmm, I kind of like this song too. Especially, the line that says, 'Kissi ke itna paas ho, sab se dur ho gaye'! :) Has a bitter-sweet ring to it! :( :)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at March 25, 2005 12:09 PM

    (neelima) Lady....I got connections where I can produce 200 songs everyday for 2 months atleast. So lets make peace...I do read your blogs and by the time I try to comment, there ain't anything left to say as 20 others have already said it.

    (Vandana)
    >>may be the tune touches a chord in your heart and resonates with >>your heartbeat at that time, or perhaps you identify with the lyrics of the song !!!

    or may be its the same cassete you play on the music system again and again while you shower...and the song is never out of our mind:)

    Thanks for the 2 cents though I would have preferred real 2 cents along with it.

    (Primalsoup)
    Yeah it got nice lyrics, and I also remember the song with Raj Kumar and meena kumari on a boat ride...those days of Chitrahaar..

     

Post a Comment
<< Home