<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

The "Broad" Way Experience

                                                                                                                                   Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Well, I have done it. I have been hearing about it from friends, media, books and what not for years. Now that I have seen it, I have one word for it "Spectacular". I am talking about the Broad way show in the Big Apple and the show is the classic French fairy tale "Beauty and the Beast". Someone put it right that its a theme of an "ugly" exterior that hides a pure nature, as well as a "beautiful" exterior that camouflages an "ugly" soul. Somehow I felt I would have liked the story more, if the the Beast remained as the way he was rather than turning into a prince. The actors, picturesque backdrops for every act, costumes, music, dances and everything about it was so brilliant. It's a must see and must feel experience.

My evening was topped by the walk I had near the lively crowded streets of Time Square and late night coffee at Europa Cafe. But the highlight of the day was the unexpected gift that thrilled my friend who was celebrating his Birthday. He got groped on his behind by couple of chicks walking by. That is something that I definitely couldn't have bettered.

by gvenum @  11:30 AM                                                                                                                                                                 


9 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Parth, at June 07, 2005 12:34 PM

    What a coincidence. I went to NYC a couple of years back and this was my first (and only till date) Broadway experience. Terrific experience that. Doesn't beat what your friend had though :-)

     

  • #by Anonymous Anonymous, at June 07, 2005 1:27 PM

    And they say— Those who feel fair may sometimes be fowl, and others who look fowl may actually be fair.

     

  • #by Blogger Paddy, at June 07, 2005 5:51 PM

    I remember "King Kong" ending with something like "It wasnt Helicopters that killed it, It was beauty that killed the beast!"

    Wow! Broadway is a good place to spend the entire night being an Insomniac.You might visit the Woolworth Building (if you are into appreciation of architecture.)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 07, 2005 10:59 PM

    (Parth)
    I had a great time, specially the precise dancing is amazing. I heard Phantom of operah is the best of all the shows.

    >>Doesn't beat what your friend had though :-)

    Unfortunatly his wife didnot think so.

    (elf)
    This is lot better than what I mentioned in my post.

    (Paddy)
    >>"It wasnt Helicopters that killed it, It was beauty that killed the beast!"

    If only the King Kong saw the show before, he would have known that beauty is just an exterior:)
    Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

     

  • #by Blogger Ritesh, at June 08, 2005 6:13 PM

    Thats what your "friend thinks". I bet it was Christian Slater !!

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 09, 2005 1:59 PM

    >> Thats what your "friend thinks". I bet it was Christian Slater !!

    LMAO..it could be true in the blinding lights at time square. I will wait for few more days before I tell him. Let him live in his "vehams" till then:)

     

  • #by Blogger anantha, at June 12, 2005 1:42 PM

    Hmmm groping time at Times Square? Why, I was walking there a couple of weeks ago virtually unmolested! Some ppl have all the luck or misfortune as the case may be...

     

  • #by Blogger Sriram, at June 15, 2005 12:01 AM

    ROTFL,, groped in times square? Awesome! Times square, here I come :D.. Ok, i was long due for a comment, and wanted to do it on the post on your bro, but I guess i was too lazy. Thanks for dropping by ;)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 15, 2005 11:56 AM

    (anti) As tafosi mentioned...better donot wish so much...there could be a Christain Slater around the corner.:)

    (sriram) Long due.....Yeah I thought so too:) Just kidding...thanks for dropping in ur comment here. Hope to see you more of you around.

     

Post a Comment
<< Home