<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

Doors and Peanut brains

                                                                                                                                   Tuesday, June 21, 2005
There I was, with a friend on a Friday late evening, at the front desk at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants waiting for my "to go" or "take out" or "pick up" in whatever way they say in whatever country you are in. It was taking unusually long time for them to get my stuff ready,it's not like I have ordered food for a wedding which don't seem to happen anyway with the way my life is going and with the kind of matchmakers I am banking on.

Anyway I digress.We sat there in waiting chairs and this particular pattern among the people leaving the restaurant from the front door caught my attention. Before you read any further of my genius observation, I thought it would be useful to know that especially during closing hours, most of the restaurants and fast food chains in USA have their right door locked (if you are going out) and you move in and out of the door using the left door (again assuming that you consider the door has left and right halfs and the point of observation is from inside the restaurant...hope it made any sense!!).

Anyway, I noticed that every women that left the restaurant used the left door and looked well aware that the right door is locked. But almost every guy was so clueless and first tried to push or bump the right door hard and later realizes its locked and then uses left door knob to get out. Its so uncanny that my friend, who was forced to get involved in this pattern scoop, got surprised as well. We confirmed my observation by watching atleast 10 more people.

This reminded me of something I read recently that men either live in the past or future but never in the present. They always are lost in thinking about what's ahead than actually enjoy or concentrate the path to reach "there" what ever the "there" is and women, on contrary, always are in touch with their surroundings and the present.

I don't know how much this is true, but its sure is a baffling experience I had. Inundated with so many thoughts and theories I got my pick up bags and banged into the locked side of the door, got annoyed and pushed the left door to get out. Before I could turn and warn my friend, I heard a bang on the door. "Men...ain't they sheep" I sighed.

by gvenum @  4:00 PM                                                                                                                                                                 


14 Comments:
  • #by Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2005 7:59 PM

    forgive this intrusion...but you sure proved that an idle mind may not always be a devil's workshop:D

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 21, 2005 8:13 PM

    (anon) awww...Thankoo..so from your compliment I figure you are the one who always know the way out of places:) Please correct me if I am wrong:)

     

  • #by Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2005 8:20 PM

    yes you are...as far as knowing the way out of places bit is concerned, I will refrain from commenting though I truly commend you on your power of observation...

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 21, 2005 8:34 PM

    (anon)
    So I am wrong that you are the one who knew the left door all along?
    But will take the complement and the comment anyway:)

     

  • #by Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2005 8:41 PM

    am truly a moron and the realization hit hard this minute...thanks for driving the point home...will not comment anymore...am so thankful that tomorrow is another day:)...I will be reading your blogs so do keep writing and let your heart speak:)

     

  • #by Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at June 22, 2005 12:11 AM

    this is strange. however, women do have a problem in identifying what is left and what is right. we make for very muddled direcion givers :)

     

  • #by Blogger J, at June 22, 2005 12:20 AM

    FINALLY.... a guy who truly understands a woman!!! :)))

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 22, 2005 12:38 AM

    (anon)aww...I would love to get comments, so please don't stop yourself from using up this space.


    (Tipsy topsy)
    Thanks for the comments. I apolozise my writing skills couldn't convey exactly what I had in mind. This ain't about womens direction sense, but their ability to notice small details and having a presence of mind than men, if that makes any sense.

    (j)
    >> FINALLY.... a guy who truly understands a woman.

    aww....thankoo..finally a girl who understands that I understand them.:).

     

  • #by Blogger Ritesh, at June 22, 2005 10:20 AM

    From this post and your CDS-IV, I am convinced that you arer in reality a woman trapped inside a man's body. Chiru has no hope !!

     

  • #by Blogger Ratna, at June 23, 2005 10:34 AM

    I agree with what you said, about 'men not being in the present'. I do not know if they are thinking about past or future or they just dont think about small things. We on the other hand think too much about the small details and leave the big picture out.

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 23, 2005 4:51 PM

    (Tafosi) Oh yeah...I also forgot to mention that "Men ain't just sheep but also presumptious":-)..Thanks for reminding Tafosi:)

    (Ratna)
    >>" We on the other hand think too much about the small details and leave the big picture out."

    ...tell me about it:)

     

  • #by Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2005 11:47 PM

    Very, very interesting observation..and now that you mentioned, there was a small flashback and yeah, u r right abt those doors..

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at June 26, 2005 6:47 PM

    (Chotu)
    Was there really nice...read carefully. There will always be a dig. But I will take the compliment

    (Jupee)
    Thank you....coming from a intellect like you, I might have really done something good.

     

  • #by Blogger Tipsy Topsy, at June 29, 2005 1:15 AM

    ur writing skills are absolutely perfect. i understood what u were implying. however, the left and right talk reminded me of our deficiency in that department which is what i scribbled down. next time comments will be more direct. no stray thoughts :)

     

Post a Comment
<< Home