<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

First Crush !!

                                                                                                                                   Friday, July 08, 2005
There I was minding my own business sitting and waiting for the class to begin. Checking out who is doing what, who the newbeis are. Yes! That's part of minding my own business. I figured that something has fallen off my hand and I bent down to pick it up, when suddenly I heard a rather sweet,vanilla voice "excuse me". I looked up to see an equally sweet and beautiful girl looking at me with a cheerful face.

"Can I sit here. I was told to sit here" she said.

I was so smitten, I did not even say a word, I wouldn't even had said anything If I wanted to, so "mesmerized" I was with her charm. I just moved enough inside so she can sit. We introduced and talked a bit, before the class began. It was quite an experience. She sat next to me the next day too. I had the laddu futofy feeling inside me all day. Not to mention it was my first crush.

The same Sunday my family decided to go for a movie in a nearby theater. So there I was standing outside the theater waiting for the theater staff to let us in, I saw her again. She was waiting just like us with her family. Thrilled to see her I went to her and said "Hello". For some strange, she just walked past me without even acknowledging me. This was coming from a girl who spent good part of the week sitting next to me and chatting and taking notes. She seemed very uncomfortable and scared to talk to me and moved away with her family towards the theater door. I figured she doesn't want to talk to me in presence of her parents.

The very next day my hunch came true when she came to me with the same reason much to my happiness and everything was hunky-dory. Not for long though as the school management split our fifth grade class (and my heart) into A and B sections and she was sent to the B while I remained in A. The sad part is I never got to see her again. My 8-year old brain couldn't think of figuring out where her class room was and getting in touch with her again. I guess it took a day for my crush on her to wear off. But I still vividly remember her face when she first came and talked to me. There I said it , my first crush. (I was told that the crush I had in first grade doesnot count) Fortunately it wasn't my last one and talking about my first love or rather the only one, that's a whole different story and luckily it was way later than fifth grade so you can breath easy.

by gvenum @  5:50 PM                                                                                                                                                                 


17 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Ratna, at July 09, 2005 12:29 PM

    ii story ekkado.. edo cinema lo choosinatlu unde:)

     

  • #by Blogger Paddy, at July 09, 2005 4:52 PM

    Cool! Please indulge me a bit by explaining this "laddu futofy" feeling.Seems like a sense of "deja vu" reading it.

    >(I was told that the crush I had in >first grade doesnot count)

    That depends on who counts it. Please regale it in a different post.

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at July 10, 2005 4:05 PM

    (Ratna)
    Oh My god "na emotional story chepthuvunte meeku cinema story la anipisthonda" chaa...hatha Vidhi

    (Paddy)
    "Laddu futofy" is a phrase I picked up from fellow creative blogger Megha. The credit should go tp her for coming these kind of words. I gather its a feeling you get when you see a beautiful girl giving undeserving attention to you

    I better not. Its a story which will open up so many forgotten wounds:)

     

  • #by Blogger J, at July 11, 2005 1:34 AM

    :-O That was YOU! Ain’t it strange that we meet again in blogs?

    Yeah, its ME!!!!!!!!! ;)

     

  • #by Blogger GratisGab, at July 12, 2005 10:09 PM

    "split the our fifth grade class (and my heart) into A and B sections "

    LOL!!!

    OK this has taken me back to my 5th grade crush...should start writing, should start writing...

    gotta go blog! :)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at July 13, 2005 5:49 PM

    (J) Where have you been all these years...*tears all over* :)

    (gratisgab)

    Exactly where were you while in 5th grade.:-). Glad to know I am not the lone lunatic here.:)

     

  • #by Blogger Primalsoup, at July 14, 2005 7:03 AM

    Awwwww... Blog leading to discovery of childhood sweetheart?! :O Much hope it fills me with!

     

  • #by Blogger Debalina Das, at July 14, 2005 2:43 PM

    Like a hindi movie clip where the hero and the heroine meet like this in college but then you were far ahead of your time !

    Good good..Lage raho !

     

  • #by Blogger anantha, at July 14, 2005 3:58 PM

    *imagines you singing...
    Ohh... ek ladki ko dekha tho
    aisa laga jaise,
    laddu futofy jaise,
    anda futofy jaise,
    cant figure out anything jaise..

    ok, I will stop, not because I can't come up with anymore, but cos I don't want Kumar Sanu singing in my ear for the rest of the day!

    5th std huh? Reminds me of the time this guy from my class wrote a love letter (comprising of just the dreaded three word sentence) to a gal in my class in our (hold your breath!) 3rd standard and cleverly signed MY name! What happened later is another story, but aNTi showed streaks of his cleverness even then!

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at July 14, 2005 4:14 PM

    (Primal soup)
    >> Awwwww... Blog leading to discovery of childhood sweetheart?! :O Much hope it fills me with!

    True, blogs take new dimension:). I am still waiting for all other crushes to find me:)..BTW What all places were you at in your teens:)


    (Debalina)
    On looking back...all my love life happenned well before my teens where it was mutual......these days
    I just have crushes, but the girls reciprocate by their intenions of crushing.. literally!!:)

     

  • #by Blogger GratisGab, at July 14, 2005 5:59 PM

    my 5th grade love story seems to have progressed more than anybody else's here, so let me tell you how 'far' we went! :)

    boy in question gave me a "flying kiss"...and even did some hand-holding!! Tee Hee!

    come to think if it, it took more than a year for my hubby (then boyfriend) to get to that kinda level! *sigh*

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at July 14, 2005 6:21 PM

    (gratisgab)
    Boy friend, flying kishies, holding hands and what not.....at 5TH Grade!!!....woow that's cool.

    Poor Hubby though. No wonder he doesnot have any stories to tell(as a blog).

    >>come to think if it, it took more than a year for my hubby (then boyfriend) to get to that kinda level! *sigh*

    I guess that one year effort that's all he needed....Look at him now, he is enjoying the rewards for LIFE...Idli,Dosa and vada and what not.

    BTW, Do you have any sister for this SIB:)...

    (Anti)
    ROTFL:) Good one!

    >>(hold your breath!) 3rd standard

    At this rate..My first grade should count.

    >>but aNTi showed streaks of his cleverness even then!

    Dude, what streaks are you talking about?...you are still single:)....Learn something from Gabby's Hubby.:)

     

  • #by Blogger GratisGab, at July 15, 2005 9:40 AM

    Sis is much married and a mom too...but I'll look out for you you fellow SIB :)

     

  • #by Blogger Kumari, at July 15, 2005 4:56 PM

    Atleast your heart broke coz she went to another class...My crush broke mine by "falling in love" with another girl in the same class just becoz her pencils were 'Made in China' and this was in 3rd grade :(

    Lovely narrative :)

    Here's to you finding your other long-lost crushes and hope they no longer wanna crush you :)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at July 15, 2005 5:16 PM

    Awwww thanks Gabby. You are a sweet heart:)

    (Kumari)
    So sad but very funny:)...LMAO:). Men.. ain't they so materialistic:)

    >>Here's to you finding your other long-lost crushes and hope they no longer wanna crush you :)

    Aww thank U.....Hope all your wishes for me come true, :)

     

  • #by Blogger Rat, at July 16, 2005 5:00 AM

    aawww ! thats so sweet.

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at July 16, 2005 8:51 PM

    (rat)
    Thank you. Aww...thats so sweet of you to say so sweet. Not that you must
    find it sweet, but its sweet of you to find it sweet....not that you...........:)..sweet!!

     

Post a Comment
<< Home