<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

Short Stories -- Derailed Train of Thoughts

                                                                                                                                   Tuesday, September 20, 2005
I have been tagged (not the tag they put on animal ears they show in the Geographical channel..believe me there are people who want to do that to me) by the ever effervescent Megha for the now famous 55 word short story. For the record, the shortest story I ever heard had just three words. Yesh! just three words. My mom always had this story in handy whenever I needed a story to sleep while I was a kid. She actually rendered the whole Ramayan(telugu) in just three words.

Me: Mommy! I want a story.
Mom: Okie.but just one. Well here goes " Katte ...kotte ..Thechhe". That's it now sleep.

and I would promptly go to sleep. Its different matter nothing has changed till now. Well...that's a different story for an another post.

For those less unfortunate people who do not understand Telugu. Here's some translation.

Katte (Build) -- Lord Ram built the bridge to Lanka
Kotte (bring down) --Bring down Ravan
Thechhe (bring back) -- Brought back Sita.

You can see where all my mythology fundas come from. Since I am the more fortunate one to be tagged by Megha (hats off to her for keeping the faith in the crap I write) here goes my effort. This is a prelude to the story that she has written in her blog.

*Derailed Train of Thoughts *


Standing in the train he visualizes every man's "often delusional" dream.

grin Babe! (on first sighting)
*Hmm?* (is he looking at me?)

Niiice! (continued appreciation of a thing of beauty)
*blush* (he IS looking at me!)

! (she hasn't smacked me with a baseball bat yet!)
*smile*

Hmmm! (Aha! The elusive smile! she is mine!)

Rest is history.


Let me pass on this tag to some of the unsuspecting souls who are very kind enough to comment on my pointless blog from time to time. So Paddy , Swathi , J , Ratna , Archster and ofcourse Megha for tagging me and giving me the idea with her story. What! Can't I re-tag back at them. *seriously flipping the rules of the Tag*

by gvenum @  5:00 PM                                                                                                                                                                 


12 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Ratna, at September 21, 2005 3:52 AM

    I should try this story next time to Krish ;)

     

  • #by Blogger Woodooz, at September 21, 2005 11:52 AM

    U've been bit by the 55 word story bug too ? Welcome aboard ! And I never knew I could write a story with just three words...

    This reminds me of a conversation between a guy and his sweetheart

    Guy : I can write a poem with just two words
    Girl : What is it ?
    Guy : "Your name"
    Girl : huh !
    Guy : I can infact write a poem with just one word
    Girl : Hmmmm
    Guy : And it's "YOU"

     

  • #by Blogger Nimbus, at September 21, 2005 1:46 PM

    gvenum - Thankoo for taking the tag. And nice story! What would the world be without optimistic delusional guys :)

    Somu - what would be even more perfect is if his sweetheart's name was Kavita :)

     

  • #by Blogger Archster, at September 21, 2005 2:00 PM

    I think the 55 words tag is the most popular. Pretty much everyone has a story.

    Nice one this.

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at September 22, 2005 11:07 AM

    (Ratna)
    Cool! From what I know from your blog about your kids, I think they will make you tell them the whole story along with Mahabharat too. Not every one is a sucker Kid like me.

    (Somu)
    Wow! dude..do you have more like this you can share. This will defintely put an end to my singlehood.

    (Megha)
    Yeah, very true. For single guys delusional optimism is the only solution for appeasing their misplaced egos.

    Hmm!! Kavita !! Nice!!! Very Nice. The perfect thing is if the girl falls for it which in reality never happens.

    (Archster)
    Yesh its by far the most interesting tag. It works up your imagination and writing skills on otherwise morbid blogs like mine.

    Thanks! Glad you liked the story.

     

  • #by Blogger Archster, at September 23, 2005 1:34 AM

    oye. I didnt notice that you had tagged me. Did you edit your post?

    Ive already written 12 short stories...55 words each. Doubt I can go on ;)

     

  • #by Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera, at September 23, 2005 2:29 AM

    the entire ramayanam in 3 words, wow!
    this is the first i've heard of it.

    btw i've jus completed the 55 worded story
    having bin tagged already

     

  • #by Blogger Ratna, at September 23, 2005 11:54 PM

    Hehehe! I have been tagged already, infact I put you down for tag and browsed your page and removed your name.

     

  • #by Blogger Paddy, at September 25, 2005 10:37 PM

    Just realised I have been tagged by you.What to do, if you get me like this in public. i can, but try.

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at September 26, 2005 10:56 AM

    (archster)
    Thats alright. I wanted to tag those who have been so kind to visit my blogs and leave comments,so mentioned those as mark of appreciation:)*chokes with emotion*

    (Swathi)
    Thats cool. This is an old story thats been told from long long time. The tag is a thank you for your comments *chokes again with emotion*

    (ratna) haa...so kind of you. *I think If I choke more, I will die..so will stop for now*

    (Paddy)
    Yes yes. I am eager for your short story. But please do write something for laymans like me :)

     

  • #by Blogger Archster, at September 28, 2005 1:31 AM

    How very thoughtful. (*tries to chokes with emotion*)

    :)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at October 10, 2005 6:01 PM

    (Archster)

    We are making heavy duty emotional Gultu movie here:)

     

Post a Comment
<< Home