<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

I want to be a Mouse!

                                                                                                                                   Thursday, January 19, 2006
If given a choice for my next life, I would like to be a mouse. Yes , a big fat white lab mouse. No not the richest guy or the most sexiest man or a Da Vince or a RD Burman and definitely not Tusshar Kapoor. I haven't given a thought if I want to be a woman. Don't ask me why. This is one of the pictures of a mouse that is being drugged for testing a fancy implant-blood sugar measuring tool in one my friend's research lab in my New year's New England trip. The size of these reminds one of a rabbit than mice. In fact I call the species a Rabb-ice! (Rabbit+Mice and many apologies to all the Rabbis). The way they are treated in the lab will make even the Sultan of Brunei jealous. They have far more rights that any one else. My friend tells me that if even a slightest burp or fart than required from these rabbice would send the department and even more the students in a tizzy imagining the impending law suits and funding withdrawals.

Have a look at their daily life,

1) They are fed more number of times than a sumo wrestler.
2) They are cute, puffy and chicks dig them and ofcourse all the belly rubs that follow.
3) They are white, so no problem of discrimination and enjoy the aura of being a superior race among mice.
4) And above all the single most privilage is that they are doped every single day for FREE. Now, Dope for free! Where in the world would you get that.

After all they are the most intelligent of all living beings including humans (Thanks to Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy).
Yes, Rabbice rule!.


by gvenum @  12:00 PM                                                                                                                                                                 


14 Comments:
  • #by Blogger anantha, at January 24, 2006 5:11 PM

    Dude, you forgot the part where they are cut open, their innards analyzed and their carcass thrown out to rot. Oh wait, mebbe they use the incinerator or something.

     

  • #by Blogger Paddy, at January 25, 2006 12:10 AM

    Hmm..Of Mice and Men..Mice came first in the order and then Men..So you in a way are looking to climb the ladder :)

    Just make sure you are resistant to Zinc Phosphide :)

     

  • #by Anonymous Anonymous, at January 25, 2006 4:52 AM

    eeeeks

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at January 25, 2006 3:21 PM

    (Anti) At the end of the day, if every part of the body remains where they are supposed to be , I am fine with it. If not, I will demand more dope.

    BTW, why so morbid,violent thoughts about me I ask. What did I ever do to you. I guess this is the Volcano side of you that Megha keeps referring to:)

    (Paddy)
    I just need to make sure I am not resistant to Dope. Thats all it matters.

    (J)
    I agree! "eeeks" to Anti comments.

    Anti: How could you! you scared the sweet girl away from my blog.

     

  • #by Blogger sinusoidally, at January 25, 2006 5:54 PM

    If you want to be a lab rat you are crazy!

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at January 26, 2006 11:19 AM

    (sinusoidally)
    Awww..cho chweet ...She thinks I am crazy:-)
    Look at that puffy, fat, cute little thing and the kind of privilages it enjoys.
    May be you are all just jealous:)

     

  • #by Blogger sinusoidally, at January 26, 2006 11:52 AM

    Hmm right, that's what it is. I am jealous. So not! Dude what's wrong with you?!!!

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at January 26, 2006 1:46 PM

    (sinusoidally)
    I was just kidding girl. Its just sad that the bright side of being a Mouse is not appreciated.:)
    Seriously, I can't write serious stuff. That's the most serious I can get.
    If you don't find it enjoyable, just put a blind eye to all the crazy stuff you find in the blog:) wil ya!

     

  • #by Blogger Debalina Das, at January 30, 2006 10:00 AM

    awww...cutie lil white mice ..would you like to be blind and chased by a lady with knife in your next life ?;)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at January 30, 2006 10:28 AM

    (Debalina)
    >>would you like to be blind and chased by a lady with knife in your next life ?;)

    I stopped reading after "chased by a lady" aww....(wiping tears of joy). Can't you wish this in this life...next life is so long.

    Nice to see you back Debalina!(on my blog i.e.)

     

  • #by Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera, at February 02, 2006 10:09 AM

    did u say white lab mice? u sure r one crazy dude (nodding my head in agreement with 'anti')

    (PS: thatz to spot the 6 differences btw my old pic n the new :))

     

  • #by Blogger Ritesh, at February 02, 2006 10:31 AM

    Actually you forgot ove more "perk" of being a "rabbice" - new clothes. Believe it or not, our furry friends are being fitted with new jackets every week. Now when was the last time someone did that for you ?

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at February 02, 2006 3:50 PM

    (Swathi)
    Tafosi above would vouch for the comforts that these Rabbice enjoy.After all his ass is online if something goes wrong.

    >> thatz to spot the 6 differences btw my old pic n the new :))

    Let me understand this.

    Thatz= Thanks (not "That is")
    btw= between (not "By the way")
    Is that correct.?

    I guess the language changed along with the picture. BTW, I am still not sure if both the pictures belong to one person. Where is the real Swathi? What did you do to her?

    Good to see bot of you back:)

     

  • #by Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera, at February 03, 2006 11:03 AM

    wat with me busy settling in Brussels ,I had to forgo blogs for sometime but yaa i'm back in circulation now :)

    n since i've bin using the sms-type of lang. even before the cell fone was invented,so i wud stick to my original interpretation (but i can also be a purist when i want to be :))

    n yaa the real Swathi is definetly worse-looking than either of her fotos hence the camouflage...

     

Post a Comment
<< Home