<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The 2 Cent King

"Super" Men!

                                                                                                                                   Thursday, August 18, 2005
I flew last weekend with my brother and my 2 year old nephew to meet my parents who are visiting US of A. This brother is not the same NGB that I have had the privilege to blog about in my earlier posts. Yes! I have one more brother and No! we are not in the order of Panch Pandav's, if any we are more like Tridev's....much machoness in the family. Normally this is not a topic to blog about (flying with your brother is not such a big deal after all) unless you are travelling with a fellow who has, along with similar gene, similar psychoneurotic disorders as mentioned in the "moi" section of this blog.(thankfully he doesn't know I blog). The symptoms include what I call "Spot/Selective Amnesia"(SA) and impatience and all the consequences that result from SA and impatience.

Travelling with a company like that anything can happen. If we are driving to airport in different cars , we might end up at two different airports waiting and cursing each other or if we are travelling in the same car we might end up in a wrong airport.But thanks to Moi's diligent effort and my mobile's 38 reminders to print the itinerary, 44 reminders to pick up the print outs from the printer, 18 reminders to stow it in carry on bag, we ended up at the right airport. Thanks to my SIL, she made sure that my brother took the right nephew he was supposed to and the matching suitcase.

You realize we are on our own NOW at the airport with no help from my Mobile reminders or SIL. My mobile won't take any more reminders as I have used up all the place available with all the reminders earlier, so much for technology helping mankind and all that crap. sheesh!!. My brother not only has to take care of himself and now his son to handle who is going through worst case of "terrible 2's".

By the time we reached the terminal gate, we had already forgot our boarding passes thrice (at the ticket counter, at the security checkin and so on) , our carry on bag's twice and the nephew once. Now this is quite an achievement for us that we are at the gate. So on any given "Bad" day, by the time my parents get to meet us at the destination airport any of the following could have happened.

1) My parents would be waving hands at me, with my nephew and a total random guy which I mistook for my brother and tagged along.

2) My parents would be waving hands at my brother, my nephew and a random guy who my brother thought resembled me and walked along.

3) My parents would be waving hands at me and my brother and a random 2 year old who both of us thought resembled my nephew (you could also see terrified parents rushing towards us along with a Cop )

4) My parents would be waving hands at my nephew with 2 random guys who he thought were his dad and uncle.(atta boy..he didn't disappoint us ....strong genes I say !!)



But luckily nothing of that sort happened and we reached safe and sound. Miracles do happen. My SIL had a big sigh of relief on the phone with my bro that I could even hear. Every one went home laughing and with huge celebrations but both of us knew (should I say three of us ) in the back of our minds that in three days time we have to do the same drama again. I tell you its a very sinking and sickening thought.

And do you want to know how the return trip went. The very fact that I am here writing this post sitting along with a random guy who resembles my bro and my 2 year old nephew at an airport which is 400 miles in the other direction of my destination city should explain it all.

Did I say much machoness runs in my family!!

by gvenum @  6:00 PM                                                                                                                                                                 


9 Comments:
  • #by Blogger Woodooz, at August 19, 2005 5:10 AM

    Ha ha ha !! That was a funny one...

    Well, could it have been possible that the three of you waved at two older couples who resembled your parents ?

     

  • #by Blogger Kumari, at August 19, 2005 12:18 PM

    You should have just sung the 'Family song' loud and off-key and would have been re-united with ur lost bro before the first para was over :)
    Good post :D

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at August 19, 2005 2:00 PM

    (Somu)
    Glad you liked it. Naah...Since my mom was around that possibility was not considered as these occurances are more from my dad genes than Mom's.

    (Kumari)
    Great idea and we did have a family song for such incidents. But we failed to conisder the fact that none of us know the art of singing.

     

  • #by Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera, at August 22, 2005 4:53 AM

    hilarious one, n i know wat u r talking 'bout 'coz my nephew stayed with us for 5 months when he was in his 'terrible twos' n managing him while travelling must b a herculean task indeed, no wonder u guys had amnesia at the end of the ordeal!

     

  • #by Blogger Ratna, at August 23, 2005 3:09 AM

    :)) I can't stop laughing. I can exactly see how this went and looking forward (actually scared to death) to Prasad and Krishi's trip to India by themselves in December

     

  • #by Blogger Nimbus, at August 23, 2005 10:25 PM

    You should definitely write more of such stuff instead of pictures of trash cans and fluorescent green trees near the pond in your apartment complex. There, now that we got the customary dig out of the way, lets move on to the actual comment.

    ROTFL! Much too much! :) Your humor is always at its best when you start talking about your family! One wonder what your family would have to say about that though ;)

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at August 27, 2005 5:22 PM

    (swathi)
    The amnesia is a gifted art that's been with all males of my family.So we don't need a reason to flaunt it:) Terribles 2's doesnot stop at 2. You can easily see "Terrible 20's and 30's and so on in my family. I think some of my readers will vouch for it.

    (Ratna)
    Glad you liked it. By your apprehensions,I can forsee similar blog sometime in December , unless you learn some from here:)

    (Megha)
    Shhhhh! Keep it low!

    I thought the trash can was quite classy to look at and the fluorescent trees was to cause blinding affect to the readers, so they end up writing comments blinddly:). Hmm...I need to get my perceptions about my readers right:)

    Thanks for the compliment. Fortunately none of my family is aware of my blog. Now, don't you get any ideas:)

     

  • #by Blogger J, at September 01, 2005 6:14 AM

    Me thinks that must have been your mele mein bichada hua bhai
    :-p

     

  • #by Blogger gvenum, at September 01, 2005 7:55 PM

    (j)
    >> Me thinks that must have been your mele mein bichada hua bhai

    Aww thanks for the support. But I am very sure mere mele mein bichada hua bhai cannot be a white guy.

    Did I tell you, Color blindness runs in my family:)

     

Post a Comment
<< Home